Email Mr. Shaw if you need a Merit Badge Blue Card.
Process for Earning Merit Badges at Troop 8:
A list of all merit badges (there are more than 135) are published at scouting.org. To earn the rank of Eagle a minimum of 21 merit badges are required. Thirteen (13) merit badges are from a required list.
The Merit Badge Process (when working on merit badges outside of Summer Camp):
- Once you have identified a merit badge that you would like to work on, you should send an email to Mr. Shaw (form below), to request a merit badge card (commonly called a blue card).
- Mr. Shaw will approve your request by issuing you with a signed merit badge card containing the name and contact information of a merit badge counselor. He will mail them to you.
- Get in touch with the merit badge counselor and explain that you want to earn a merit badge.
- The counselor may ask to meet you to explain what is expected and to start helping you meet the requirements.
- You should also discuss work you have already started or possibly completed.
- Note a number of merit badges require approval from the merit badge counselor prior to start working on the requirements.
- At completion of the merit badge work the Merit Badge Counselor will sign the blue card. He/she will also keep one third for his records. The blue card(s) may be mailed to your counselor.
- Return the rest of the blue card (2 sections) to Mr. Shaw via mail (use the contact form for his address if you need it)
- Merit badges are presented to all scouts at Courts of Honor.
Eagle Required Merit Badges are: