*** Parents Meeting Monday May 5th, 7:00 pm ***
Scouts interested in going should contact Mr. Verrill (email email@example.com).
The Troop is planning 2 backpacking trips in the North East next Summer. These trips are one of the highlights in the troop’s annual calendar. All scouts eligible are encouraged to participate. It is a unique experience and an adventure.
A parents meeting will be held on Monday, May 5 to discuss the plans for these trips. Parents of scouts that signed up should attend the meeting. Criteria for selection on the crews are:
- 13 years (or older) or completed 7th grade by the start of the trek
- 1st Class rank (at the start of the trek)
- Approved by the ASM Venture and the Scoutmaster
The dates for the 2 treks are:
- Sunday, June 29th to Thursday, July 3rd.
- The first or second weekends in August. Departure will be either July 31 or August 7.
Participation in Troop 8 NE Trips are required for scouts going to Philmont in 2015.
Please see Mr. Verrill at the next troop meeting if you are interested in going.