Parents meeting about Summer Camp scheduled for April 21 at 7:00 PM
Troop 8 has reserved the two campsites we traditionally use at Summer camp for the week starting July 20. We strongly encourage ALL scouts to attend.
A parents meeting to discuss detail about Summer Camp will be held on April 21 at 7:00 PM. Please mark your calendars.
Troop 8 will participate in Beaver Day activities at Camp Somers, Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation onApril 26.
Please plan to attend Beaver Day on Saturday, April 26.
Sign up sheet will be avalaible soon.
Mr. Holloway and Mr. Britt are the Assistant Scoutmasters in Charge.
The annual Troop 8 Parent Social will be held on Friday, Aprill 11 2014 at the Madison Elks Club at 7:00 PM.
Please come and have a bite to eat and a drink at the…
TROOP 8 PARENT SOCIAL, on Friday, April 11th, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM
at the Madison Elks Club (192 Main Street, Madison NJ)
This will give parents a chance to….
- see what Troop 8 is all about
- meet & greet the other parents new to Troop 8
- meet and greet other parents of Troop 8 scouts
- meet the Adult leaders of Troop 8
Please RSVP (before 8:00 AM on Tuesday, April 8) : Suzanne Foy (email: email@example.com or Tel: 973-229-7605)
Please put Troop 8 Social in the subject line (Adults only please)
The May campout will be the Fishawack Camporee which will be held at Camp Somers, Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation from 5/2/14 to 5/4/14
Please ask your parents to sign you up today.
Click here to sign up.
Important details to remember for the campout:
- The Troop will meet at Ogden at 6:00 PM on Friday, 5/2/14.
- Everyone will return around 11:00 AM on Sunday, 5/4/14.
- The cost is $25.00 per scout. (Aside from the food and supplies, Troop 8 must pay $15.00 for each scout registered.) Make checks payable to Troop 8.
- The gear pull will be at Ogden on Wednesday Wednesday, 4/30/14, at 7:08 PM.
- All meals will be by patrols.
- Dress and pack appropriately for the weather.
- Pack a Class A uniform which will be mandatory at the opening and closing ceremonies.
- No cotton clothing (and no jeans) will be allowed, and scouts must wear boots in order to participate in the trip.
- Drivers will be finalized on Thursday, 5/1/2014.
Mr. Corbitt (Tel: 973-701-0957; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Assistant Scoutmaster in Charge.
Please Note: New and old scouts, the troop must have a current medical form on file for every scout prior to departure from Ogden. The form can be found at Annual Health and Medical Record, Parts A and B. This form must be done annually.
This is a reminder that the Troop 8 First Aid Course will be held on the new date of April 23rd in the Ogden Church Parlor at 6:30 PM. The course will last approximately 3 hours. (Note that this course was originally scheduled for March 26.)
We are fortunate to have Mr. John Dew back for another round of training this year. The cost of the course this year is $5.00. If you already took the CPR course on March 19, then you do not need to pay.
The following individuals have signed up for the First Aid Course:
Vince Maddi, Ed Guy, Tommy Guy, Will Machia, Van Benedict, Max Benedict, Michael Kellstrom
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRINT YOUR NAME CLEARLY ON THE REGISTRATION FORM BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CERTIFICATE/CARD.
If there is anyone else wishing to sign up, please notify me by close of business on Tuesday 4/22 by emailing me at:email@example.com.